- The types of information collected by HealthCitrus and its partners through the Services and the purposes for which we use it.
- How HealthCitrus collects, stores, and shares your information.
- Your rights with respect to such information collection.
Personal Information: “Personal Information” is information that can be used either directly or indirectly to identify an individual (you). Examples include name, email address, physical address, IP address, mobile ad id, and your interactions with the Website that are connected to other identifying information such as name, email address, physical address, IP address.
We receive information from or about you depending on the nature of your interaction with the Services. Depending on your use of the Services, information collected may include: name, email address, physical address, birth date, gender, health information and browser or device information. The information collected by different activities is described below:
- Registering/Signing Up in the Services: In visiting or using our Services, we may collect your name, email address, physical address, birth date, gender, health information and browser or device information when you choose to sign up for newsletters or sign up for an account on our Services.
- Transactions with the Services: When you submit an opinion or comment through the Services, contact us, or register for more information regarding a product or services you will be asked to enter information about yourself in order to respond to you or to complete your requested transaction.
- Emails and Using the Websites: We store details of your visits to the Websites (such as pages visited, browser details, your IP address) and your interactions with any emails that we send to you. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
- Promotions: From time to time, HealthCitrus may offer promotions on the Services. Such promotions may ask for your name and contact information in order to register you for the promotion.
- Social Media and Sharing: If you share an article, or post a comment or other content with a friend/contact, we will collect your friend’s/contact’s name. This information may be used for retargeting ads or combined with other data to present aggregated campaign insights. Occasionally comments themselves may be anonymized and used in marketing materials.
- Device Information: We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our Services, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent Services across your devices. This information may include: attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers; device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals; connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number, mobile ad id, and IP address.
- Other Sources: We receive information about you and your activities on and off the Services from third-Party partners, such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences or interactions with them. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you in order to improve the products and services we provide.
For more information on how to review or update your data preferences, please review the “YOUR RIGHTS: PERSONAL INFORMATION ACCESS, RETENTION, CORRECTION, DELETION, AND CHOICE” section below.
We use session Cookies that expire at the end of a browser session (from when a user opens the browser window to when they exit the browser) and persistent Cookies which remain on your hard drive until you erase them or they expire. How long a persistent Cookie remains on your browser depends on how long the visited website has programmed the Cookie to last or they can be stored for longer.
To the extent permitted by applicable law and with your consent, we may permit third parties to collect user Personal Information over time or across third-party websites, and we may permit third parties to gather Personal Information passively on our Websites for behavioral advertising purposes, examples include:
Re-targeting: in order to provide you with a more customized web experience and to present you with information that may be of interest to you, our advertising partners may seek to use their observed behavior on the Websites to deliver targeted ads when you are on other websites.
We use your information: (1) with your consent for the reasons that you provide such information, and (2) for the purposes set forth below:
To provide and enhance the Services: We use the information we have to deliver and enhance our services, including to personalize features and content and make suggestions for you on our Services.
Transactions: We use your Personal Information to process your transactions, send you confirmations, to respond to your requests, and for any related communications.
Retargeting: We use your information to allow us or third parties to deliver ads based on your interests on our sites, affiliated sites or third party sites. Our retargeting activities abide by the NAI code of conduct.
Marketing: We use the information we have to improve our advertising systems so we can show you relevant ads and measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services. We may use your Personal Information for other marketing and market research purposes to learn more about our users. We will only contact you for direct marketing purposes in accordance with applicable laws. You may opt-out of our use of your Personal Information for marketing, market research, or direct marketing purposes at any time by sending a rights request as set forth in the “Your Rights” section below.
Analytics: We may store details of your visits to our Websites and your electronic interactions with any emails that we send to you (“Usage Data”) under a pseudonym (i.e. not under your name but under an ID number), including the pages you visited and services you used. We use such Usage Data to help us learn more about our users’ preferences, to be able to tailor our Websites according to your interests and preferences, to help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services, to analyze trends and statistics and to present content in the clearest and most friendly manner for you.
Communicate with you: We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
Other Reasons: We may use and collect Personal Information for any purpose associated with or related to the above purposes.
To Enhance our Services: We may share your information with third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities such as ad technology providers, email service providers, data analyzers and business intelligence providers for the purpose of enhancing our products and services. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. These third parties currently may include: Acxiom, Adbridg, Akamai, Amazon, Appnexus, Criteo, District M, Facebook, Google, Index Exchange, LunaMetrics, Moat, Nexage, Oath, OpenX, PageFair, PX, Rubicon, Sailthru, SendBird DBA, Teads, The TradeDesk, TripleLift, Yieldbot.
Third Party Marketing: We provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, but we don’t share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission. We may request to share your information (including email address) with third-party business partners to provide you with information about and enroll you in clinical trials. In these situations and before sharing your information for these purposes, you will receive a just-in-time notice of the proposed sharing and we will obtain your consent, or opt-in, to such sharing. If you do not opt-in, we will not share your information for these purposes.
Third Party Services: When you interact with a third-party advertiser in our Services, the content creator or advertiser can receive information you share with them, as well as the information needed to complete the transaction, including medical information and contact details.
Legal Requirements: We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
We may disclose aggregated, non-personal information about website users without restriction.
As described above, we may use, and when appropriate, disclose your Personal Information for marketing and market research purposes to learn more about our users and offer and improve our Services. We will only contact you for direct marketing purposes in accordance with applicable laws. You may opt-out of our use of your Personal Information for marketing, market research, or direct marketing purposes at any time as set forth below.
Opt-Out of Marketing Communications
You may opt-out by emailing [email protected]. If you do not exercise your opt-out preference initially upon account creation, it may take up to thirty (30) days for your opt-out choices to be fully effective. When you make a request, we may ask you for information in order to verify your request, including your email address that may have been provided to us.
Unless prohibited by applicable law, your opt-out preference does not apply to (i) any communication which is not promotional in nature, (ii) sharing and use by us of your Personal Information with service providers used by us to enhance your experience on our Websites, and (iii) to allow us to provide you with more personalized advertising across the internet.
Upon request, HealthCitrus will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please email us at [email protected]. When you make a request, we may ask you for information in order to verify your request, including your email address that may have been provided to us.
You may also access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by contacting us through the above options. We will respond to these requests within a reasonable timeframe.
Subject to applicable law, we may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We may not remove your Personal Information when there is a legal storage requirement, such as accounting rules or when there are other legal grounds to keep the data, such as an ongoing contractual relationship.
You may sign-up to receive newsletter or other communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received, and take various precautions to protect information from loss and misuse. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected].
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from our Website about children under the age of 13. We request that persons under the age of 13 not use our Website without supervision from a responsible adult. We will never request Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has sent Personal Information to us without prior parental consent, we will remove his or her Personal Information from our files.